The Ontario Games is a program that consists of 5 multisport competitions showcasing Ontario’s athletes and communities, while offering participants, volunteers and spectators the chance to experience the challenge and excitement of amateur sport in Ontario. Sport Alliance Ontario delivers the Ontario Games Program in partnership with the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, as part of its efforts to support amateur sport, physical activity and community development in the province. The Ontario Games Program brings together athletes across the province to participate in the Ontario Summer and Winter Games, 55+ Games and also the ParaSport Games. Each Games leaves behind an important legacy of community pride and sport tourism development in the host community. Since 1970, the Games have brought Ontario together while providing an opportunity for athletes to reach for their dreams.
Together the Ontario Games Program and host communities are able to:
- Provide Ontario’s top athletes with an elite level competition in the provinceand a venue to pursue national and international competitions
- Provide seniors with a venue to participate in a healthy, active lifestyle through friendly competition
- Provide athletes with a physical disability the avenue to pursue sport goals
- Build community spirit, PRIDE and excitement
- Develop a strong base of qualified volunteers in the community
- Increase economic activity and tourism to the community and region
- Build a legacy of sport for the future
- Allow others to be a part of something great!!